[Scip] 3.1.1 woes

James Cussens james.cussens at york.ac.uk
Tue Jan 6 22:13:46 CET 2015

I have just updated to using SCIP 3.1.1 for my SCIP project. The
installation went fine as always, make test revealed no problems.

But when I run test cases using my own project linked to 3.1.1 I get
the wrong results. Running via valgrind reports that I am apparently
doing "Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)". I
get different errors by making small changes to the code (eg adding a
printf statement). One warning that often comes up is:

WARNING: left hand side of linear constraint greater than right hand side
WARNING:  -> lhs=2, rhs=5.78057e-322

I've no idea where the value 5.78057e-322 came from, looks like some
sort of corruption.

Naturally I do "make OPT=dbg" to see what's up and re-run. But then
everything works fine - I get the correct answers and no assert errors
or warnings are raised.

Any ideas what's going on?

James

--