[Scip] Setting Branching Priority with .set file

Yuji Shinano shinano at zib.de
Mon Mar 30 22:53:56 CEST 2015

Hi lotu1,

On 2015/03/30 19:27, lotu1 at gmx.de wrote:
> Thanks, that's what I'm doing currently. I just ran into some blocking issues when trying to pass
> alot of these variable settings through the command line. This might however have been caused by
> passing in the settings trough a java programme. I'll try the option with using an external file for
> these command, as you suggested.
> However, I'm also interested in using these branching pririties for fscip. But I guess that won't be
> possible.

It would be possible. You can specify all parameter settings for SCIP to fscip by using -sr and -s
options.

[-sr <root_settings>]
      [-w <prefix_warm>] [-sth <number>] [-fsol <solution_file>] [-isol <initial solution file]"
        -l <logfile>           : copy SCIP output into log file
        -q                     : suppress SCIP screen messages
        -sl <settings>         : load parameter settings (.set) file for LoadCoordinator presolving
        -sr <root_settings>    : load parameter settings (.set) file for root node subtree solving
        -s <settings>          : load parameter settings (.set) file for additional node solving
        -w <prefix_warm>       : warm start file prefix ( prefix_warm_nodes.gz and
prefix_warm_solution.txt are read )
        -sth <number>          : the number of solver threads used
        -fsol <solution file> : specify output solution file
        -isol <intial solution file> : specify initial solution file

One thing you have to do is to specify nopresolve_in_lc.set which is a fscip_param_file
to prohibit presolving in LoadCorrdinaotr and is provided in setting directory.

However, whether if it works well or not depending on how presolveing works on your instances
and how much effect you can expect from your settings.

Best,
Yuji