[Scip] Does SCIP runs on Single thread or multithread?

Matthias Miltenberger miltenberger at zib.de
Sun May 17 17:08:03 CEST 2015

Dear S. M. Ferdous,

SCIP itself is still running only single-threaded. The UG project,
though, extends SCIP to run on multicore machines with shared memory as
well as on (massively) parallel distributed memory machines. UG is
contained in the SCIP Optimization Suite. The shared memory solver is
called FiberSCIP and the distributed memory solver is called ParaSCIP.

all the best
Matthias

On 17.05.2015 16:58, S.M. Ferdous wrote:
> Dear all,
> For my research projects I have used SCIP standalone solver. I want to
> know whether SCIP runs on single thread on a multiple core machine or not?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> --
> S. M. Ferdous,
> Assistant Professor,
> Department of CSE,
> Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology,
> Dhaka-1208.
> Email: smferdous.cse at aust.edu <mailto:smferdous.cse at aust.edu>

Matthias Miltenberger
Zuse Institute Berlin