[SCIP] Restart after root node

Aao Du aaoduu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 04:54:19 CEST 2015

Hi Gerald,
Thanks for your reply.
I made the change to the SCIPdeactivatepricer. Now based on the statistics,
restarting is performed and there are 2 runs. However, compared to the
method 1, it is still slower. What I see in the first method,s logfile,
there are several round of presolving performed and several runs(which I
think it means aeveral restarts happen?). It looks to me the second method
does only the first round of presolving that is performed in method 1. Is
there a reason to expect this? I could not figure if there is any parameter
that I need to adjust in oreder to have several restarts?

Also, i am changing the modifiable flags and deactivating pricer in the
redcost method. Doing it in the exitsol method did not perform restrating
as it enters the exitsol method only when the whole problem is solved. I am
not sure if this is what is supposed to happen.

Thanks in advance,