[SCIP] multiple SCIP solutions in Matlab

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Thu Dec 8 10:31:22 CET 2016

Hi Jan and list,

please note that from the SCIP command line, you would use the counter
emphasis setting

set emphasis counter

to disable primal heuristics and separation and some other stuff that
might ruin the counting process for you. You can specify the counter
emphasis setting also in a settings file, e.g., scip.set, like so:

# scip.set file content
emphasis:counter

I am pretty sure that all the interfaces circulating in this discussion
have some way to read in a settings file.

Happy solution counting,
Gregor

Am 08.12.2016 um 08:38 schrieb Matthias Miltenberger:
> Hello Jan,
>
> yes, both the Python and the Java interface support getting all
> collected solutions:
>
> https://github.com/SCIP-Interfaces/PySCIPOpt/blob/master/pyscipopt/scip.pyx#L1212
> https://github.com/SCIP-Interfaces/JSCIPOpt/blob/master/src/scipjni.i#L131
>
> all the best
> Matthias
>

> On 07.12.2016 23:07, Jan Goos wrote:
>> Hello Jonathan,
>>
>> Many thanks for your swift response. For now, I’ll try and use a
>> different approach. Nevertheless, I’d rather stay away from C. Do the
>> Java and Python interfaces support the collection of multiple solutions?
>>
>> Keep up the good work!
>> Best regards,
>> J a n
>>

>>> On 7 Dec 2016, at 22:58, Jonathan Currie <jonathan.currie at aut.ac.nz
>>> <mailto:jonathan.currie at aut.ac.nz>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jan,
>>> That functionality does not exist via OPTI at present, but it sounds
>>> like it should! I’ll have a look this weekend.
>>> Jonathan
>>> opts = optiset('solver','scip','solverOpts',opts);
>>> Opt = opti('f',0,'bounds',0,4,'xtype','I','options',opts)