[SCIP] QCP local Search and RENS

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Wed Jan 13 10:01:31 CET 2016

Hi Ahmed,

which QCP local search heuristic do you mean exactly?

The heuristic RENS works also for MIQCPs. There are two parameters you
have to take care of:
1) rens/startsol: You can decide whether you want to use the LP or NLP
solution to fix variables. Per default RENS uses the LP relaxation,
which is also fine for MIQCPs. If you want to use the NLP solution you
should ensure that an NLP solver is included in SCIP.
2) rens/uselprows: If this parameter is TRUE, RENS uses the LP rows to
create the subproblem. Otherwise RENS copies the CIP. In your case this
should be FALSE (which is the default).

Best
Jakob

Am 12.01.2016 um 23:04 schrieb Ahmed Ibrahim:
> Hi SCIP community,
>
> I was wondering if the QCP (Quadratic Constrained Program) local search
> heuristic is available in SCIP 3.2.0? If so can u tell me where can I
> access its relevant files? I can't see it in
> 'http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/group__PRIMALHEURISTICS.php'.
>
> Also, I'm wondering whether the current RENS is extended for MIQCPs?
>
> Regards,
> Ahmed

Jakob Witzig

Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für
Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269