[SCIP] Shared library build of SCIP on Mac OS X with gcc

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe at math.ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 26 17:47:33 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 7:23 AM, Matthias Koeppe
<mkoeppe at math.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 26, 2016, Matthias Miltenberger <miltenberger at zib.de>
> wrote:
>> Concerning your difficulties with the compilation for Sage, I don't
>> understand why you're compiling every component on its own instead of using
>> the SCIP Opt Suite Makefile. You should only need the libscipopt.so and the
>> include path of SCIP.

Now I remember another reason why we're not using the scipoptsuite
Makefile: "make install" does not work. In particular:

1) "make install" does not work when INSTALLDIR is an absolute pathname.
2) Besides there is no specific target that will install libscipopt
and the necessary include files.
3) If I do "make install SHARED=true" it will give the library linking
error that I described in the original message.

Matthias
--
Dr. Matthias Koeppe . . . . . . . . . . . http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~mkoeppe
Professor, Mathematics