[SCIP] How to access best dual sol in MIP case

Benjamin Müller benjamin.mueller at zib.de
Wed Jun 15 18:49:57 CEST 2016

Dear Ahmad,

correct me if I am wrong but could it be that you seek for some kind of
"dual" solution with the same objective value as the optimal solution of
your MIP? This can be achieved by fixing all integer variables to the
same value as in the optimal solution and solve the remaining LP to
optimality.

If you really want to keep track of the dual solutions found after
solving some LP relaxations you could implement an event handler
(http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/EVENT.php) and catch the event
SCIP_EVENTTYPE_LPSOLVED and then store / update the best dual solution
in your data structure. Please note that not every optimal solution is
found by solving some LP relaxation (if you use heuristics).

I guess it would be easier for us to help you if we know what do you
want to do with those LP solutions.

Best,
Benny