[SCIP] SCIP presolver for MIQCP

Benjamin Müller benjamin.mueller at zib.de
Thu Mar 10 10:12:06 CET 2016

Dear Ahmed,

yes, it is a normal behaviour you can observe on many MIQCPs. During
presolving SCIP detects some structures which can be reformulated with
the help of auxiliary variables. For example, one can replace the
product of binary variables by using an AND constraint, or disaggregate
quadratic constraints into smaller ones, ...

In the log file you can see that because of these reformulations (and
probably other presolving techniques) SCIP was able to reduce the number
of quadratic constraints a lot. It might be worth to test different
values for the parameters

     constraints/quadratic/disaggregate
     constraints/quadratic/replacebinaryprod

in the quadratic constraint handler to have more control over the
applied reformulations.

Cheers,

Benny

Benjamin Müller