[SCIP] rounding error?

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Sat Nov 12 23:18:05 CET 2016

Hi James,

> But I want solutions to be feasible only if they are *worse* (or
> equal) to objlimit, so I can't see how I can use SCIPsetObjlimit(scip,
> objlimit).

Oh sorry, sure in that case the objective limit makes no sense.

> Perhaps I should call
>  SCIP_CALL( SCIPupdateLocalLowerbound(subscip, lowerbound) );
> after working out what "lowerbound" should be. (Have to deal with
> offset and scale.) What do you think?

This is not necessary because the linear constraint handler will call
this method anyway if it detects a constraint that is parallel to the
objective function and provides a lower bound, cf.
checkParallelObjective() in cons_linear.c.

Cheers,
Jakob

--
Jakob Witzig

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269