[SCIP] Which heuristics from SCIP should I choose for a set-covering formulation ?

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Thu Apr 13 15:32:42 CEST 2017

Dear Xavier,

This is hard to answer in general.  I recommend to run with aggressive
heuristic settings over a larger test set and look at the heuristics
section of the SCIP statistics.  There you should see which heuristics
are successful and how expensive they are.  Afterwards you can go back
to the default settings and increase the use of the best ones or
deactivate some unsuccessful expensive ones.  I would recommend to be
conservative about deactivating heuristics, especially cheap ones, since
one never knows how they might help on unseen instances in the future.

Best,
Ambros

Ambros Gleixner, Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner