[SCIP] best way to use scip with matlab?

Vyacheslav Kungurtsev vyacheslav.kungurtsev at fel.cvut.cz
Wed Aug 9 12:33:56 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am trying to find a solver (available via academic license at most) for
nonconvex binary QPs. CPLEX requires the constraint quadratics to be
positive semi-definite, so I stumbled on to SCIP after finding the OPTI
toolbox. But the OPTI toolbox is apparently only available for Windows, so
I figured directly installing scip to run in matlab should be possible, but
unlike opti there is no matlab interface, apparently.

I haven't heard of any of the formats specified in the SCIP documentation,
are there any you would recommend as being straightforward to write a
script to convert into the proper data format by printing appropriately
from MATLAB problem data? I have heard it is possible to access it through
ampl, but how would you run scip through the ampl mex?

Thank you