[SCIP] About Interactive Shell Problem

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Fri Nov 17 19:10:28 CET 2017

Hi Zhu Waiming,

This sounds indeed strange.  Could you compile with "make OPT=dbg", both
SCIP and your example?  Maybe make a "make OPT=dbg clean" before to be
sure everything is freshly compiled.

Afterwards you could run it with valgrind ("valgrind bin/SCP") and see
whether there is some memory corruption that could be blamed.

Best of luck,
Ambros

On 16.11.2017 11:54, 朱外明 wrote:
> Hi, respectable developers and dear friends,
>
>      I want to use SCIP to construct a branch and price algorithm. But I
> encouter a problem after make my program. Now I am eager for your
> instruction. The main problem is: it will quit from the interactive
> shell to bash command frequently.
> *
> *
>      According to the instruction of Doxygen Documentation and
> binpacking example, I write my own main/reader/pricer/brancher and some
> auxiliary files. (my brancher file is not completed yet, but I have
> included it in the main file.) The main file of mine is extremely
> similar with the one of binpacking problem program. However, binpacking
> is running well while my algorithm does not work. I have picked some
> screen shotcuts to show that case:
>
> Make my program (successfully) , enter the interactive shell
> (successfully) :
>

> There is something wired that there is a directory located after the
> "SCIP > ", which is much different from binpacking, showing below:
>

> What's more, if I typed some commands, the interactive shell would flash
> quit!
>

> which is much different from binpacking:
>

>      In m! y main file, the function "SCIPprocessShellArguments" is
> called in the same way of binpacking. So I really do not know why this
> happen. And I checked the Doxygen Documantation especially the part "How
> to add..." but found no keys.
>
>      Because of the flash quit, I can't read my problem and get it
> optimized. Is there any pioneers who have encoutered the same trouble?
> Or somebody who could tell me why and how to make it works? I am
> appraciated that if anybody who answers me with or without instructions.
> Thank you!
>
>      Great respect to the developers of SCIP!
>

>      Best regards!

> Zhu Waiming (zhuwaiming at mail.hfut.edu.cn)
> Hefei University of technology, China
> orcid.org/0000-0001-7134-6584
> https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Zhu_Waiming
>
> 2017-11-16

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner