[SCIP] Using SCIP with CPLEX as LP solver with AMPL

Arash Kaviani Arani akaviani at student.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Oct 12 08:30:50 CEST 2017

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to use Using SCIP with CPLEX as LP solver with AMPL. I have
successfully configured the SCIP with CPLEX.  However, when I am trying to
build its AMPL interface I get the following error when running following
command:

ubuntu at tt:/mnt/scipoptsuite-4.0.1/scip/interfaces/ampl$ make LPS=cpx
-> linking bin/scipampl.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.cpx
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcplex.linux.x86_64.gnu
Makefile:125: recipe for target 'bin/scipampl.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.cpx'
failed
make: *** [bin/scipampl.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.cpx] Error 1

Is there any way that I can turn over this step and build the
scipampl successfully?

Best wishes,
Arash