[SCIP] Different Problems while using SCIP with YALMIP

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 31 14:14:02 CET 2017

Hi,

(1) This looks like a bug in the SCIP interface, which would be the OPTI
toolbox. Please check with them.

(2) Sometimes, especially for nonlinear programs, it can happen that
SCIP found a solution that is feasible for the internal (reformulated)
problem, but then turns out to slightly violate constraints for the
original problem. If you think this violation is too large, then
decreasing the feasibility tolerance (numerics/feastol) should help.

(3) One would need to look at the SCIP log, especially the "SCIP status"
line. It could be that SCIP finished with a status that OPTI or Yalmip
does not understand, so it returns it as "unknown problem".

Stefan