[SCIP] accessing reduced costs of variables of an LP in optimality

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Sat Sep 9 12:52:06 CEST 2017

Dear Ahmad,

as you noticed yourself, you can only access the actual reduced costs
(corresponding to the solved LP at the current focus node) during the
solving stage. When creating a heuristic, you can set the right timing
mask such that it is only called when an LP was solved at a node, using
the timing SCIP_HEURTIMING_AFTERLPNODE.
<http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/type__timing_8h.php#ac4cb022a363958364724303ce7a76897>

In addition, you must ensure yourself that the LP was solved to
optimality for correct reduced costs by testing SCIPgetLPSolStat()
against SCIP_LPSOLSTAT_OPTIMAL.

FYI: You can also access information about the best reduced costs (for
root reduced cost propagation) that SCIP found during the root LP
processing using the methods SCIPvarGetBestRootRedcost,
SCIPvarGetBestRootSol, and SCIPvarGetBestRootLPObjval.

Let me know if this helps you continue, or if you need further advice on
this.

Have a nice weekend
Gregor