[SCIP] Lower bound for branch and price algorithm

Amir Mansouri amir_mansouri92 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 21:24:23 CEST 2017

Hi SCIPers,

I am solving an integer problem using a branch and price algorithm.
I need to have a global lower bound for my problem.

Note that all columns are not included in the root node. So the linear programming relaxation does not work here.

Does scipgetdualbound in the root node provide a lower bound for my problem?

If it does, could you provide me with detail of computing the lower bound?
Which theorem or inequality is used to get the lower bound?

If it does not, how can I get a lower bound?

Thanks,
Amir