[SCIP] Separator not called

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Thu Sep 14 09:59:54 CEST 2017

Dear Emanuel,

another guess: did you define your variables to be integral and does
SCIP actually do any branching? If you did not define your variables to
be integral and also did not add a constraint handler to check solutions
(e.g., for integrality in the original space), your LP solution after
pricing might just be declared optimal. If your separator should ensure
a restriction on your feasible space, it should better be a constraint
handler. A separator should only generate cuts to improve the LP
relaxation, but should not be part of the model definition, i.e., should
not change feasibility of any (integer) feasible solution.