[SCIP] the (default?) variable pricer

myroslav myroslav.kryven at uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Aug 21 14:44:36 CEST 2018

Dear SCIP community,

I had a question regarding the variable pricer (see
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/FAQ.php#variablepricer). If I understood it
correctly, it prices variables that have been added to scip but are not
in the current(some node in the branching tree) relaxation? What if I
know a smarter, problem specific pricing algorithm, how can I make the
variable pricer use this algorithm?

Also I had a question regarding SCIPcreateVar() parameter initial. I
flagged my variables as not-initial(passed false when creating a
variable) and when I do my custom branching in SCIP_DECL_BRANCHEXECLP
the first time it executes, which is, I guess, the root node, I see that
all the columns obtained using SCIPgetNLPCols() are already in the LP.
But how could that happen if all the variables were flagged as not-initial?

Thanks,

Myroslav