[SCIP] SCIP and Ipopt

Benjamin Müller benjamin.mueller at zib.de
Wed Feb 14 05:38:17 CET 2018

Hi Vincent,

I would recommend using JSCIPOpt, which is our SCIP-Java interface that
can be found here:

     https://github.com/SCIP-Interfaces/JSCIPOpt

All relevant steps for building the interface are listed in the
INSTALL.md, but basically, you will need to download the latest SCIP
Optimization Suite and compile it with Ipopt. You might want to have a
look at the JSCIPOpt/examples/Quadratic, which shows how to model a
problem with simple quadratic constraints.

Please note that SCIP can't handle a nonlinear objective function. For
this reason, you need to add an auxiliary variable z and then model your
problem as

     min z
     z >= sum_{ij} X_{ij} Y_{ij}

Benny