[SCIP] Complexity of Milp formulation

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Wed Feb 21 20:29:57 CET 2018

Dear Faten,

We cannot provide modeling support in this forum.  You may want to look
at building a model in ZIMPL, which can be read easily by the
interactive shell of SCIP:

http://zimpl.zib.de/download/zimpl.pdf

Best,
Ambros

Am 21.02.2018 um 14:49 schrieb Faten:
> Hello,
> Please, can someone help me the complexity of my MILP formualtion that
> can determine the assignment of resources to tasks.
>

> Images intégrées 1
> Here are the details
>
> My assignment problem is modeled as a mixed integer linear program
> (MILP) and solved by CPLEX in order to determine the VM type of each task.
> X(i,t) i = 1 means that the task Ti is assigned to VM of type t,
> otherwise X(i,t) = 0.
> fi denotes the finish time of task Ti. Our MILP problem can be formally
> described as follows (an objective function (1)
> and some constraints (2 to 7)):
> The goal of the objective function (1) is to minimize the total
> execution cost of the workflow.
>   Each task is assigned to one and only one VM type according to
> constraint (2).
> Constraints (3) and (4) guarantee the precedence constraints.
> Constraint (5) denotes a binary decision variable. According
> to constraint (6), the execution times of tasks are integers (in minutes).
> Finally, the deadline is met according to the constraint (7).
>
> Thanks
>
> Best Regards,
> Faten

> 	Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner