[SCIP] About "best sol" api

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Sun Jan 28 16:38:31 CET 2018

Dear William,

during the solution process, SCIP stores all relevant solutions in a
solution pool. The solutions are sorted by increasing objective value,
duplicates are filtered out. You can access them anytime using
SCIPgetSols() and SCIPgetNSols(), resp, see also my stack overflow
answer to a similar question

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26090454/displaying-top-five-solutions-scip

SCIP can also be used to count all solutions, all optimal solutions,
etc. Please have a look at the following topic of our doxygen documentation.

http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/COUNTER.php

Counting all optimal solutions requires to compute an optimal solution
first, with objective value c*.
Then you use solution counting for your problem under the additional
constraint c^T x = c*.

Happy counting,
Gregor