[SCIP] Infeasible with C-API but feasible with Interactive Shell

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Thu Jul 12 17:00:13 CEST 2018

Hi Rich,

One natural thing to try would be: write the feasible solution found by
the shell into a sol file and read this in your API code.  If the
solution is rejected, looking at the violated constraint will bring us
closer to the source of the problem.

Expert mode: compile with cmake -DDEBUGSOL=on and pass the path to the
solfile to parameter "misc/debugsol".  Then SCIP will check and print
where it is cut off.

Best,
Ambros

Am 11.07.2018 um 05:48 schrieb Levinson, Richard J. (ARC-TI)[SGT, INC]:
> I have now upgraded to SCIP 6.0.0 and still have the same problem.
>
> The solver returns 'infeasible' with the C-API but is feasible with the
> interactive shell.
>
> I am literally copying model text from the scip log of the infeasible
> run into a .cip file and then reading it into the interactive shell,
> where a feasible solution is found and no changes to the model at all.
> Now both cases are using SCIP 6.0.0 so it is not a version issue.
>
> - Rich

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner