[SCIP] Stopping at the next best solution than the one passed

Meenarli Sharma meenarli at iitb.ac.in
Tue Jun 5 17:48:35 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

I am using SCIP as a solver with AMPL. I pass a feasible solution and want
SCIP to stop when it finds a solution better than the one that is being
passed. How can this be achieved?

I tried limiting the number of feasible solutions but it didn't help as
heuristics found that many solutions - none of them is better than what is
being passed in this case- and it stopped. I can try changing the limit on
solutions until I find a better one but I am forced to believe there must
be a better way to do it.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
~Meenarli