[SCIP] Stopping at the next best solution than the one passed

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Wed Jun 6 15:07:25 CEST 2018

Hi Meenarli,

"limits/objective" is the parameter you are looking for.

You easily inspect a list of all parameters with documentation yourself
in a file by typing "set save scipparams.set" in the interactive shell.

Best,
Ambros

Am 05.06.2018 um 19:12 schrieb Meenarli Sharma:
> Hello Gerald,
>
> Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Is there any option (to be
> written in scip.set file) for passing an upper bound on the objective
> value and then stop at the first solution with objective value smaller
> than the one passed?
>
> Thank you again.
>
> Regards,
> ~Meenarli
>
>   > Dear Meenarli,
>>
>> you want to set limits/bestsol to 1.
>>
>> Best,
>> Gerald
>>
>> On 05.06.2018 17:48, Meenarli Sharma wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I am using SCIP as a solver with AMPL. I pass a feasible solution and
>>> want
>>> SCIP to stop when it finds a solution better than the one that is being
>>> passed. How can this be achieved?
>>>
>>> I tried limiting the number of feasible solutions but it didn't help as
>>> heuristics found that many solutions - none of them is better than what
>>> is
>>> being passed in this case- and it stopped. I can try changing the limit
>>> on
>>> solutions until I find a better one but I am forced to believe there
>>> must
>>> be a better way to do it.
>>>
>>> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> ~Meenarli

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner