[SCIP] Stopping at the next best solution than the one passed

Meenarli Sharma meenarli at iitb.ac.in
Wed Jun 6 17:07:23 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

Some more information about my problem.

I am using SCIP (scipampl) with ampl. I iteratively call scip to solve a
convex MINLP. I want to pass objective value of (i)th iteration to (i+1)th
iteration and want scip (at (i+1)th iteration) to stop when it finds a
solution with better objective value than the one passed.

I tried modifying (automatically from ampl) the parameter limits/objective
in the setting file (scip.set) before every iteration. But I get the
warning, WARNING: unknown parameter <limits/objective>.

I have cross checked that I am not making any syntax error while writing
the parameters. Also, I am not getting any such warning when I am not
having this parameter in the settings file.

Kindly let me know if there is any suggestion/comment.

Regards,
~Meenarli