[SCIP] separating while counting feasible solutions

James Cussens james.cussens at york.ac.uk
Tue May 15 10:34:46 CEST 2018

I have noticed that when SCIP is counting (and possibly collecting)
feasible solutions, separation is turned off.

What is the rationale for this?

In my own SCIP project having no separation led to very poor performance
when collecting feasible solutions with objective value better than a given
value. (I just want reasonably 'good' feasible solutions.)

I fixed the problem as follows:

SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetParamsCountsols(scip) );
         /* put separating back on! */
         SCIP_CALL( SCIPparamsetSetSeparating(scip->set->paramset,
scip->set, scip->messagehdlr, SCIP_PARAMSETTING_DEFAULT, TRUE) );

but perhaps keeping separation leads to some other problem I don't realise.

Any advice on this issue gratefully received.

James

--
James Cussens
Dept of Computer Science &