[SCIP] paths and running SCIP

Marcus Garvie mgarvie at uoguelph.ca
Wed May 30 19:40:14 CEST 2018

Hi everyone,

I am a complete novice with SCIP so please excuse me for asking silly questions!

I am using the SCIP Optimization Suite (version 5.0.0) on a Mac. I successfully downloaded the software, which appeared as a ‘volume’ on my desktop. I pulled everything into my applications folder and have successfully solved some large problems by running some .LP files from my terminal.

My problem is that SCIP only seems to find the .LP files if the file is in my home directory. If I put the files anywhere else then even when I specify the (full) path SCIP can’t find it. And I can’t use the usual commands on a terminal for changing directory (e.g. cd … not recognized). Can someone please advise me what the usual procedure should be here for using SCIP on a Mac?

Thank you,

Marcus.

Marcus R Garvie
Associate Professor