[SCIP] Does (may be in the future) SCIP provide checkpoint/restart features?

berthold at zib.de berthold at zib.de
Fri Sep 7 19:37:54 CEST 2018

Hi Ambros, hi Vladimir,

> This would certainly be nice to have, but it is not implemented.  I am
> wondering whether any other MIP solver provides such a feature?

Indeed, Xpress does:
http://www.fico.com/fico-xpress-optimization/docs/latest/solver/optimizer/HTML/XPRSsave.html

You can save the current state of the optimization process, including all
data, statistics, controls and attributes and resume (deterministically!)
the optimization process later by restoring this checkpointing file.

Besides many other advantages, this is quite nice for debugging failures
that only occur after a long runtime.

Best regards,
Timo