[SCIP] Fwd: Sub-NLP solution is infeasible

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 22 06:26:05 CEST 2019

Hi,

sometimes solutions that SCIP computes for the presolved problem are
slightly infeasible when transferring them back into the original
problem. In case of using SCIP through GAMS for solving a (MI)NLP, the
GAMS/SCIP interface then attempts to fix these infeasibilities by
resolving the original problem with Ipopt with all integer variables
fixed and starting from the SCIP solution point. In your case, this has
failed for all solutions that SCIP has computed. You can disable this
postprocessing step by setting gams/resolvenlp = FALSE in a GAMS/SCIP
options file.
You will still have the problem that the solution reported back to GAMS
will be slightly infeasible w.r.t. the used feasibility tolerance,
though. If you find that the violation is too large, then you can set
option numerics/feastol to have SCIP using a smaller feasibility
tolerance when solving the presolved problem.

Stefan