[SCIP] Separators statistic

Wang, Tony Congqian tony.wang at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Aug 10 01:56:03 CEST 2019

Dear abbas omidi,

You might want to take a look at https://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip__solvingstats_8c_source.php#l02821.

The total number of applied can be found in general statistics or in the solving output.

Regarding the Seprators statistic table: Calls keeps track of how often a Separator has been called, Cutoffs keeps track of how often a node has been proved to be infeasible or to be having a lower dual bound than the current primal bound by a Separator, DomReds are essentially the number of singleton cuts found.

Now what is weird though, is that Cuts is supposed to be the number of Cuts found by a Separator and Applied keeps track of how many Cuts, found by a Separator have been applied. Now as it can be seen in this picture, sometimes Applied for a given Separator is positive, although Cuts is zero.

This is something I was also wondering about and I would be interested in knowing the reason for this behavior. Is there simply some bug, or is there some intention, that I missed?

Regards,
Tony