[SCIP] Saving decomposed model with mps

Zachary Steever zjsteeve at buffalo.edu
Thu Feb 21 04:10:59 CET 2019

Hello,

I am a new user of SCIP and GCG. First, I'd just like to thank you for your wonderful product. I have a question regarding GCG. I am looking to:
 (1) read in a model from an mps file
 (2) use “detect” to identify block structures
 (3) decompose/rearrange my model according to one of the identified structures
 (4) simply save the rearranged model back into into an mps fiile (maintaining its new structure.

Of note, I am not looking to solve the instance, but rather to save the decomposed model so that I may otherwise analyze its new structure.

In the interactive GCG shell, I am able to run "detect", and when I use "explore" I see that GCG has detected multiple decompositions. When I use "write/problem" and then inspect the resulting mps file, however, I see that the original structure still exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated (Alternatively, if there is a way to do this in Python with pyscipopt, that would also be helpful).

Thank you in advance for your help,
Zachary Steever