[SCIP] Issue with interactive shell

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Tue Jul 30 09:52:34 CEST 2019

Dear Abbas,

I am not sure but it seems that you are confusing things a little.
SCIP's interactive shell is an interface to read a problem, change some
parameters, (pre-)solve an instance, display parameters, and save the
result. With some experience, you can script more custom behavior into
batch files and feed them into SCIP. Branch-and-cut is already there and
does not have to be implemented again. Have you tried solving an
instance using the interactive shell already? Have you seen our online
tutorial <https://scip.zib.de/doc-6.0.2/html/SHELL.php> on how to use
the interactive shell? Do people read such documentation nowadays?

The interactive shell does not have the capability of some other solvers
where you can enter a custom callback, e.g. for branching. However, you
can customize the frequency at which solution information is displayed
(by using "set display freq 1", information is displayed at every search
tree node). You should also browse the available display columns to see
what information apart from the default columns you can view during search.

I also recommend reading the pages
https://scip.zib.de/doc-6.0.2/html/INTERFACES.php and
https://scip.zib.de/doc-6.0.2/html/START.php. Finally, if you share more
details about what you try to achieve, we can probably give you better
advise.

Kind regards,
Gregor