[SCIP] Error: constraint is not linear

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Sat May 25 10:28:45 CEST 2019

Dear Mahdi,

even if you create a model with only linear constraints, SCIP might
upgrade them in presolving to specialized linear constraints like
knapsack or set cover constraints. SCIP does not do this if you marked a
constraint to be modifiable, which you should have done if priced
variables will potentially be added to the constraint. On the other
hand, if you will not add any priced variables to the constraint, you
don't need to mark it to be modifiable, but you should also not need its
dual value.

I would suggest you check what type the constraint has via
SCIPconshdlrGetName(SCIPconsGetHdlr(cons)) either in gdb or in your code.