[SCIP] SCIP solver interrupted with gap limit reached before it was reached

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Tue Nov 19 09:03:32 CET 2019

Hi Sebastian,

SCIP checks the gap in the transformed problem space which might differ
slightly from the gap in original problem space (that is what you see in
your log file). However, without reproducing your issue I cannot give
you a 100% sure answer.

Note, SCIP always checks the gap limits within tolerances (by default
1e-9). Thus, SCIP might terminate with a marginal gap although you set
limits/gap = 0.0.

Best,
Jakob

Am 19.11.19 um 08:25 schrieb Sebastian Schmidt:
> Hi,
>
> I'm solving an MIP with SCIP, and I have set my gap values to 0
> (limits/gap) and 0.001 (limits/absgap). But my MIP aborts already with
> an absolute gap of 0.6. I attached the output log, but sadly cannot
> reproduce the error.
>
> Is there something I could have done wrong that caused this behavior?
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian

Jakob Witzig

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269