[SCIP] Message: Cannot set feasibility tolerance to small value 1e-12 without GMP - using 1e-10

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Tue Apr 14 16:52:47 CEST 2020

Dear Stephen,

GMP was not detected, otherwise it would be listed under "External
codes".  Cmake probably was not succesful in identifying the GMP
location.  This is not a SCIP issue, so google may help you.

The fact that both SoPlex and SCIP must be compiled with GMP as
mentioned by Stefan should be taken care of automatically when you use
Cmake.  (Here I assume that you build the entire SCIP Optimization Suite
and not SCIP and SoPlex separately.)

Best,
Ambros

Am 14.04.20 um 16:33 schrieb Stephen Mrenna:
> Dear authors,
>
> I have built SCIP and scipampl using cmake on a standard Linux platform.
>
> (i.e. from the build directory, I used cmake, make, and then make scipampl.
>
> Here is the full information printed out by scipampl:
>
> SCIP version 7.0.0 [precision: 8 byte] [memory: block] [mode: optimized]
> [LP solver: SoPlex 5.0.0] [GitHash: 0bc4dc9c65]
>
> Copyright (C) 2002-2020 Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum fuer Informationstechnik
> Berlin (ZIB)
>
> External codes:
>
>    Readline 6.2         GNU library for command line editing
> (gnu.org/s/readline)
>
>    SoPlex 5.0.0         Linear Programming Solver developed at Zuse
> Institute Berlin (soplex.zib.de) [GitHash: 6535a3c8]
>
>    CppAD 20180000.0     Algorithmic Differentiation of C++ algorithms
> developed by B. Bell (www.coin-or.org/CppAD)
>
>    ZLIB 1.2.11          General purpose compression library by J. Gailly
> and M. Adler (zlib.net)
>
>    GMP 6.2.0            GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library
> developed by T. Granlund (gmplib.org)
>
>    ASL                  AMPL Solver Library developed by D. Gay
> (www.netlib.com/ampl)
>
> number of parameters = 2607
>
> non-default parameter settings:
>
> numerics/feastol = 1e-12
>
> presolving/maxrounds = 0
>
> presolving/donotaggr = TRUE
>
> concurrent/presolvebefore = FALSE
>
> constraints/abspower/dualpresolve = FALSE
>
> heuristics/multistart/maxiter = 1000
>
> During the run, I see the following message:
>
> Cannot set feasibility tolerance to small value 1e-12 without GMP -
> using 1e-10
>
> How can I test if GMP was properly configured in the build?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steve

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner