[SCIP] scipoptsuite 7.0.0

Kim, Kibaek kimk at anl.gov
Thu Apr 16 23:11:23 CEST 2020

Hi there,

Congratulations on releasing the new version!

I would like to share some experience for compiling the new package.
- To compile the scip packages, I needed a higher version of gcc. Or, at least gcc 4.6 did not work. cmake did not catch the version of compiler or warn me.
- Although the cmake script does not complain about the absence of boost (except for warning me that I won’t have soplex binary), PAPILO seems to require it. So, at the moment, I just turned it off (-DPAPILO=OFF).
- The script (./soplex/check/CMakeLists.txt:66) did not work on my version of cmake (3.5.1). This was because variable ${Boost_VERSION_MACRO} was empty. So I could workaround that by adding the additional check: if(${Boost_VERSION_MACRO}) … endif(). You must have a better fix.

Hope these would be helpful.

Cheers,
Kibaek