[SCIP] lp error when adding locally constraint

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Thu Apr 23 15:30:04 CEST 2020

Dear Yunzhuang,

We would need more details in order to help you with this issue.
Ideally, you

- compile both SoPlex and SCIP in debug mode and provide us with a
backtrace, and

- run your code through valgrind to check whether there is any memory
corruption.

I assume you are developing under linux.  It is much easier for us to
support debugging on linux than on other operating systems.

Best,
Ambros

Am 23.04.20 um 10:51 schrieb Yunzhuang Shen:
> Hi there,
>
> I am using scip-6.0.1 for my research work. After creating local
> constraints by setting paramter <local> to true and adding them to
> nodes, the SCIP terminates after processing a number of nodes. The error
> is "corrupted size vs. prev_size" and is in inside the soplex solver. My
> workaround is setting the parameter initial to false so that the
> constraint is not added to lp. It works but I don't know whether that
> local constraint is still effective (prune all nodes that is invalid
> under this local constraint by propagation or other checks). I need to
> make sure the local contraint is fully effective over the tree whose
> root is added that local constraint.
>
> Thanks,
> yunzhuang

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner