[SCIP] Separating all Cliques from the Clique table

Leona Gottwald gottwald at zib.de
Fri Aug 21 13:25:23 CEST 2020

Hello Andreas,
in your settings it seems that you might disable presolving? Please
make sure your cliques are acutally added to the clique table first and
preslving is not skipped completely.
Regarding other settings that you can try there is the parameter
"presolving/clqtablefac" which is 2 by default. It limits the number of
nonzeros  relative to the problem nonzeros that are stored in the
clique table and could prevent some of your cliques to be stored.
Otherwise increasing the limits of the parameters for separation that
you already tried, e.g. "separating/clique/maxsepacuts" and the
orthogonality setting and maybe also try increasing
"separating/clique/cliquetablemem".
It still might happen that the cuts from the clique separator are not
selected because the cutselection prefers other cuts. The only way to
make sure that really all the clique cuts  are separated is, to do as
you suggested and add them all as constraints, possibly with
initial=FALSE.
You can also try out how setting "constraints/setppc/cliquelifting =
TRUE" affects your model. This is a more expensive presolve step that
can merge cliques into larger ones.