[SCIP] Logicor vs. Set Covering?

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Sat Aug 22 21:16:46 CEST 2020

Hi Christian,

The logicor constraint handler implements a more sophisticated scheme
for tracking feasibility and redundancy akin to the two watched literals
of Moskewicz et al. (2001).  This is described in Section 7.4 of Tobias
Achterberg's thesis

https://opus4.kobv.de/opus4-zib/frontdoor/index/index/docId/1112

although the name "logicor" does not appear there.

There are further subtle differences that I am not fully familiar with,
maybe somebody else can shed more light onto this question.

So if in doubt best try both alternatives and compare.  Feel free to
share any insights you have here.

Best,
Ambros

Am 22.08.20 um 17:41 schrieb Franzen, Christian:
> Hi SCIP-Team.
>

> SCIP has support for logic-or and for set covering constraints. For me
> they look equivalent, however the documentation points to some
> differences between these constraint handlers. Is there any rationale
> which of these constraint handlers to use? I want to apply one of them
> to the convexity constraint typically occuring in Dantzig-Wolfe
> decompositions.
>

> Regards
>
> Christian

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner