[SCIP] Adding separating cuts at root node only

Naga Venkata Chaitanya Gudapati - nagavenkata.gudapati@studio.unibo.it nagavenkata.gudapati at studio.unibo.it
Wed Jul 15 19:32:27 CEST 2020

Thanks a lot Filipe and Ambros,

SCIP_DECL_CONSCHECK(scip_check) is being called again and again after after the branching starts. Is there a way to disable it once branching starts?

Thanks a lot!
Naga

From: Scip <scip-bounces at zib.de> on behalf of Felipe Serrano <fserranom5 at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:49 PM
To: SCIP mailing list
Subject: Re: [SCIP] Adding separating cuts at root node only

Hi

In this particular example, notice also that the function findSubtour gets called in CONSCHECK as well!

Best,
Felipe

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 5:23 PM Ambros Gleixner <gleixner at zib.de<mailto:gleixner at zib.de>> wrote:
Dear Naga,

This could happen when a sub-SCIP heuristic is called in the tree.  You
could check this by printing SCIPgetProbName(), since sub-SCIP
heuristics typically append their name to the problem name of the
original SCIP.

Best,
Ambros

Am 15.07.20 um 16:51 schrieb Naga Venkata Chaitanya Gudapati -
nagavenkata.gudapati at studio.unibo.it<mailto:nagavenkata.gudapati at studio.unibo.it>:
> Hello SCIP community,
>
> I have created a constraint handler using the following piece of c++ code
>
> ObjConshdlr(scip, "subour", "subtour 3_constraints",
>           1000000, -2000000, -2000000, 0, -1, 1, 0,
>           FALSE, FALSE, TRUE, SCIP_PROPTIMING_BEFORELP, SCIP_PRESOLTIMING_FAST)
>
> I used the TSP example as foundation and followed the documentation here, https://www.scipopt.org/doc/html/classscip_1_1ObjConshdlr.php
>
> I am keeping sepafreq at 0 so that the cuts are only added at the root node. But I noticed that some of the functions of the constraint handler like findSubtour are still getting called after the branching starts. Is there something else I have to do?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Naga

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner