[SCIP] delaying pricing

James Cussens james.cussens at york.ac.uk
Fri Jul 17 18:58:28 CEST 2020

Hi SCIPers,

I am working on a branch-cut-and-price SCIP project. I have a constraint
handler that adds lots of cuts (using a fairly large initial set of
variables). I would like to delay pricing until quite a few rounds of
cutting have taken place since I use the dual values of these cuts in
pricing and I suspect that having lots of cuts in place will both speed up
the pricing process and reduce the number of potential variables with
negative reduced cost.

In short I don't want to use the initial LP for pricing but the LP I get
after adding many useful valid inequalities (my cuts).

Is there a way of controlling when pricing happens in this way?

James

--
James Cussens
Room CSE/239