[SCIP] Runing frequency of primal heuristics

Antonia Chmiela chmiela at zib.de
Fri Jun 5 11:14:41 CEST 2020

Hi Yunzhuang,

Thank you for your question.

SCIP only allows one diving heuristic to be called at a node. This is set in line 287 of file „heuristics.c“ in function „SCIPperformGenericDivingAlgorithm“. To allow all diving heuristics to run at a node, you have to comment out this part of the code.

Furthermore, there exist two parameters „freq“ and „freqofs“ determining how often a heuristic is called. The parameter „freq“ sets the frequency for calling primal heuristics and „freqofs“ the frequency offset. These parameters can be changed by adding „heuristics/name_of_heuristic/freq = x“ and „heuristics/name_of_heuristic/freq = y“, respectively, to your settings file.

I hope this answers your question.

Best,
Antonia