[SCIP] Complie Examples after installation of scipoptsuite with precomplied executables of SCIP

Shin, Jungeun jungeun4 at illinois.edu
Wed May 6 01:04:02 CEST 2020

Dear SCIP developers,

I am trying to move  from CPLEX community to SCIP to implement Branch and Price algorithm.
First, I have installed SCIPoptsuite using precompiled exe of SCIP (SCIPOptSuite-7.0.0-win64-VS15.exe) on my PC.
Then, I found that example files are only included in the source code.
Can I compile the applications and examples separately, given that the SCIP and SoPlex has been installed with the installers?
When I tried to compile them using Cmake, it failed with an error msg as follows.

C:/Program Files/SCIPOptSuite 7.0.0/lib/cmake/scip/scip-config.cmake, version: 7.0.0 (64bit)

C:/Program Files/SCIPOptSuite 7.0.0 is the directory where I installed SCIPoptsuit and I expected that it would be possible to compile applications and examples copied to this directory from the source code (scipoptsuite-7.0.0.tgz).
Isn't it feasible? If it is, could you let me know how I can fix the problem?

Thank you!

Best,
Jungeun