[SCIP] Scip 7.0.0 on a mac

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Sat May 16 17:51:36 CEST 2020

Hi,

On 5/14/20 11:14 PM, Victor Miller wrote:
> I'm currently trying to install Scip on my iMac
> running Catalina.  I first tried to download the prebuilt mac version.
> However, when I run scip I get the following error:
>
> ./scip
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/8/libgfortran.5.dylib
>    Referenced from:
> /Users/victorsmiller/Programming/LP/SCIPOptSuite-7.0.0-Darwin/bin/./scip
>    Reason: image not found
> Abort trap: 6
>
> I do not have a directory /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/8/ but do have a directory
> /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/9/
>
> So, I'm assuming that the prebuilt version was for an earlier version of gcc.
> Are there some environment variables that I can set to fix this?

You could try changing the library paths that are hardcoded in the SCIP
binary to match your system by use of install_name_tool. Maybe your GCC
9 libs will fulfill the GCC 8 lib expectation of that prebuild binary.
And maybe not.

There is now another SCIP 7.0.0 executable for macOS here:
https://scip.zib.de/download.php?fname=scip-7.0.0.darwin.x86_64.gnu.opt.spx2.none.zip
That has the gfortran library linked in, but it's only the SCIP
executable, no dylib, headers, no soplex, gcg, zimpl binaries.

> I then downloaded scipoptsuite-7.0.0.tgz unpacked it, made a build
> subdirectory and then did cmake .. in that directory.  This yielded
> errors, where it said it couldn't find quadmath.h.
>
> I do have quadmath.h in the directory
> /usr/local/gfortran/lib/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin16/6.3.0/include/quadmath.h
>
> and the libraries in
>
> /usr/local/gfortran/lib/i386/libquadmath.0.dylib
>
> /usr/local/gfortran/lib/i386/libquadmath.dylib
>
> /usr/local/gfortran/lib/libquadmath.0.dylib
>
> /usr/local/gfortran/lib/libquadmath.dylib
>
> Any suggestions as to how I can get things built?

Maybe there is some option to tell cmake to use some additional flags
when compiler C++ code. Then you could try adding
-I/usr/local/gfortran/lib/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin16/6.3.0/include
But if GCC 6.3.0 is picked up by cmake to build SCIP, then this
directory should be searched for headers by default.
And if GCC 6.3.0 is not picked up by cmake, but a different compiler,
then something else seems to go wrong. The only place where I suspect
quadmath.h to be included is from the boost headers, which may be used
by SoPlex or PaPILO. You may want to check what boost installation is
picked up on your system and whether that is correct.

Stefan