[SCIP] Installing SCIP linking CPLEX 12.8 under Windows using MinGW

Shin, Jungeun jungeun4 at illinois.edu
Wed May 20 06:30:39 CEST 2020

(I am sending this email again after getting delivery failure alarm. If you got the duplicate emails, please disregard it. Sorry about the inconvenience)

Thank you, Stefan.

I resolved the problem with copying the CPLEX library and include directory into SCIP directory.

But I need to ask another fundamental installation question.

I want to build SCIPoptsuite linking Cplex as LP solver with CMake.

(I intend to use SCIP Python interface, pyscipopt. The website said Makefile system is not compatible with PySCIPOPT.

https://github.com/SCIP-Interfaces/PySCIPOpt/blob/master/INSTALL.md )

>From other mails in this archives, I found you suggested compiling it under MinGW, MSys, or MSys2 to install on Windows, which is Makefile system.  Given these conditions and answers from this archive, I have a few question about installation on Windows.

1) Can I install SCIPoptsuite with lpx=cpx  using CMake On Window? If not, I would find a Linux server without wasting more time on it.

2) Can I use pre-built SCIPoptsuite and set Cplex as LPsolver?

3) I actually tried to install it with CMake, but since I wanted to make it as simple as possible, I set the most parameters as off besides SCIP.

(  cmake -Bbuild -H. -DZLIB=off -DREADLINE=off -DZIMPL=off -DGMP=off -DLPS=cpx -DSOPLEX=off -DGCG = off)  and added the CPLEX_INCLUDE path and CPLEX_LIBRARY path ( copied the file and paste it into SCIP directory and use those path).

Then, I got a bunch of unresolved external symbol error such as following error from the Visual studio.

Severity               Code     Description         Project File         Line        Suppression State

Error      LNK2019               unresolved external symbol __imp__CPXaddcols at 44 referenced in function _SCIPlpiAddCols                scip        C:\Program Files\scipoptsuite-7.0.0\build\scip\src\lpi_cpx.obj    1

It seems like it also needs cplex.dll as well as cplex.lib to link them. I tried to add it to Debug folder inside the build directory, but it still has an error.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Best,