[SCIP] SCIP and Pyomo

Vladimir V. Voloshinov vladimir.voloshinov at gmail.com
Mon May 25 14:35:35 CEST 2020

Dear Salvador,
answering your questions (basing on our experience of SCIP usage) :
1) Yes, SCIP does use IPOPT for NLP, but, theoretically other NLP-solvers
may be used via NLP API
<https://scip.zib.de/doc-7.0.0/html/group__NLPIS.php>
2) Our team successfully use SCIPAMPL (AMPL-compatible SCIP-version) by
Pyomo: Pyomo makes AMPL NL-file as SCIPAMPL-input; SCIPAMPL returns AMPL
SOL-file as output; Pyomo reads SOL-file.
It is important that above scheme may be used for ParaSCIP & FiberSCIP with
some additional trick...

Yours sincerely,
Vladimir V. Voloshinov, web: GoogleScholar profile
<https://scholar.google.ru/citations?hl=en&user=-m4QhNEAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate>