[SCIP] SCIP - related work

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Sun May 31 19:18:11 CEST 2020

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you very much for the information.  We always appreciate to hear
of successful use cases of SCIP and will add your paper to the list of
papers on www.scipopt.org/#work.

Best,
Ambros

Am 31.05.20 um 14:02 schrieb Vladimir V. Voloshinov:
> Dear SCIP developers,
> let me to inform you about one of our recent paper with new result in
> Combinatorics Geometry
>
> *Optimal Packings of Congruent Circles on a Square Flat Torus as
> Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Optimization Problem. *
> Vladimir Voloshinov and Sergey Smirnov
> In: Voevodin V., Sobolev S. (eds) Supercomputing. RuSCDays 2019.
> Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 1129. Springer, Cham
> DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-36592-9_8
>
> *Abstract*
> Hard problems of discrete geometry may be formulated as a global
> optimization problems, which may be solved by general purpose solvers
> implementing branch-and-bound (B&B) algorithm. A problem of densest
> packing of N equal circles in special geometrical object, so called
> Square Flat Torus, ℝ^2/ℤ^2 , with the induced metric, is considered. It
> is formulated as mixed-integer problem with linear and nonconvex
> quadratic constraints. The open-source B&B-solver *SCIP* and its
> parallel implementation *ParaSCIP* have been used to find optimal
> arrangements for 𝑁⩽9. The main result is a confirmation of the
> conjecture on optimal packing for 𝑁=9 that was published in 2012 by O.
> Musin and A. Nikitenko.
>
> Yours,
> --
> Vladimir V. Voloshinov,
> Ph.D, head of lab. C-3 "Distributed computing algorithms",
> http://www.iitp.ru/ru/researchlabs/1040.htm,
> Center for Distributed Computing, Institute for Information Transmission
> Problems RAS, http://www.iitp.ru
> web: GoogleScholar profile
> <https://scholar.google.ru/citations?hl=en&user=-m4QhNEAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate>

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner