[SCIP] Beginner Question (Installation)

Bobby Kurniawan (ボビークルニアワン) b.kurniawan76 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 06:08:28 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I am sorry if I ask very simple questions.

I am a CPLEX (access with OPL Modeling Language) and Gurobi user. I use
them mainly to solve models (MIP ot LP) without making any customization in
the processing.

Now, I am interested in customizing the LP and IP algorithm, especially
branch and price. I also want to make my own constraint programming
algorithm. I have searched the internet and found SCIP solver which may be
what I need.

The first thing I have to do is install the solver. Based on my need, what
kind of installation suit my need:
(1) install from source or
(2) install the optimization suite

I use computers 70% Windows and 30% Linux.

Thank you very much for the answers.

--
Best regards,

Bobby Kurniawan
Graduate School of Information, Production and System
Waseda University