[SCIP] scipampl compilation on windows

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Fri Sep 18 00:40:41 CEST 2020

Dear Oreste,

You will need to try.  We do not know your needs, and as Stefan pointed
out you will need some Makefile expertise yourself, if you want to build
native Windows binaries.  We can not give step-by-step support on
Windows build issues on the mailing list.

Best,
Ambros

Am 10.09.20 um 14:45 schrieb oreste.fecarotta at unina.it:
> Dear Stefan,
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> Actually, I already have the binary you linked to me but, unfortunately,
> it does not work fine with my application.
> I need scip linked to cplex as lp and ipopt as nlp.
>
> Never used wsl, do you think it will suit to my needs?
>
> Thanks again,
> Oreste
>
> Il 10 set 2020 14:24, Stefan Vigerske <svigerske at gams.com> ha scritto:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     there is a binary with IPOPT and SoPlex available at
>     https://www.scipopt.org/download.php?fname=scipampl-7.0.0.win.x86_64.intel.opt.spx2.exe.zip
>
>     Usually, using SoPlex is almost as good (and sometimes better) as using
>     CPLEX as LP solver.
>
>     This has been build under MSys, but, indeed, it is not so
>     straightforward and may require editing makefiles here and there. If
>     you
>     need to stick with Windows and build your own executable, you may be
>     better off using the Linux subsystem (WSL), though you will not get
>     native Windows executables then.
>
>     Stefan
>
>     On 9/10/20 1:06 PM, Oreste Fecarotta wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      > I am desperately trying to compile scip for AMPL on Windows. I have
>      > tried with Cygwin, Mingw and Visual Studio, but none of the attempts
>      > worked for me.
>      >
>      > Could you please send me more instructions? I wolud need a detailed
>      > procedure with all the libraries I must install before...
>      >
>      > Actually, I am afraid I am not the right person to do it and, if
>      > possible, I would need the binary of scipample.exe linket to
>     CPLEX and
>      > IPOPT. Is there any place where I can get it?
>      >
>      > Thank you very much,
>      >

Ambros Gleixner, Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods at
Zuse Institute Berlin, http://www.zib.de/gleixner